PAGE https://www.classicweb.com/usr/jseng/espan.htm ©
TENSES IN ENGLISH: ACTIVE AND PASSIVE
Look at table of tenses
How to change a sentence from active to passive.
- Find the object of the verb. (the man)
- Make the object the subject of the new sentence.
- Decide which tense the verb is in. "Simple past"
- Put the verb "to be" of this tense.
- (look to see if the subject is singular or plural)
- Write the participle of the verb after the verb "to
- The man was bitten .............
The man was bitten..........
- Decide if you want to include the agent in the sentence.
The man was bitten by